‘Engineered stone’ is a man-made product comprising of over 90% quartz aggregate, held together with high-performance polymer resins, providing a superior bench top surface with very high resistance to normal wear and tear.
These products possess outstanding properties of stain, crack, chip, chemical and heat resistance - making engineered stone an ideal choice for kitchen and bathroom benchtops, where sliding objects and spills are an everyday occurrence.
Benefits Of Engineered Stone
Here's the 5 key benefits of engineered stone:
- High Resistance to Wear and Tear
- Superior Strength & Durability,
- Comes in Huge Range of Colours
- Easy to Keep Clean
- Little On-Going Maintenance Required
These qualities make Engineered Stone surface solutions the popular choice for:
- Designers – being versatile, with different patterns/colours available
- Stonemasons – being strong and easy to work with
- Homeowners – being affordable, durable, and easy to maintain
Cleaning of this surface is simple and easy, using soapy water or specialised cleaning products from manufacturers. Engineered stones do not require initial or on-going sealing.
It is not recommended to place hot pots, pans or trays directly from the oven or hotplate on the bench top. A trivet or heat pad should be used.